Monday, May 15, 2006

Spring Game = Boring

I thought I was a big football fan. I was wrong.

I have attended every home game for the past 4 years, a handful of road games including that windy night at rainy Seattle last year. Have taken in the Fiesta and Insight bowls in person. I live for Saturdays in the fall. However, the spring game a few Saturdays ago bored me to no end. Thank god there was an exciting baseball to follow or the whole day would have been for not.

It's not that I'm no longer a fan. Just that it's hard when you can't root for or against somebody. In the scrimmage I wanted everyone to do well (and no one to get hurt). Not exactly the same feelings that pulse through my veins in September. I was glad to see Joe back in action and Matt Moore throwing to the right colored shirts. All in all I think we looked good, but it's hard to tell until we line up against someone from another school.

This was my first spring game and I was hoping it could help fill the void until kick-off in August. It didn't. I guess I'll have to keep on visiting beaver blogs, chat sites, etc. 50 times a day until then. Seems to be the only thing that remotely meets my need for a "fix". That and following the baseball team pitch by pitch via gamecast. Man, how did I ever survive without the net.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?